Monday, October 22, 2012

Um, so I ran 1.81 miles today, almost without stopping. Yeah, that happened. I seriously can't believe it. I'm now on my way to getting in shape for a 5K...on Thanksgiving. Well, that escalated quickly. This is going to be good. I can feel it. I've scheduled rec times with my suitemate every other day from 3:30-4:15. There I will try to run on the track more than I use the elliptical. I think I realize now that doing the elliptical is not as strenuous as actually running. If I listen to music, I think I can do it. Tonight, when I went with friends, we listened to music together, and it was definitely a lot easier than usual. I don't know if I just had more energy or if it was because I was running with friends, but I actually kind of...enjoyed myself. I'm going to try to get back on track with this journey. I'm going to try to post more often and keep a journal of what I eat. I'm in a health class this semester. For our semester long project, we're supposed to create and implement a behavior modification plan in which we set a goal for ourselves and try to reach that goal by the end of the semester or earlier. I'm not going to lie, I haven't been truthful at all on the assignment. Maybe if I actually start doing what I say I'm doing, I'll start making progress.

2 comments: