Thursday, August 9, 2012

So today wasn't as successful as yesterday. At least, it didn't feel as successful. I didn't think I ate as healthy as I did today. Dinner looked good. The only thing that wasn't healthy, I guess, was the fried chicken. We also had mashed potatoes and broccoli. I was going to make the quiche, but I got home too late from the pool to make it in time for dinner. I had lunch, just a peanut butter sandwich. I looked at the container. There are 290 calories in one serving of peanut butter! Geez, it seemed so healthy. So I have to cut out peanut butter now. Meh...today is just a down day. Today, gettting healthy seemed like a chore. I also had some peaches. It probably seemed healthy, but, in hindsight, it's not because it's covered in light syrup. I didn't drink the syrup, but I don't think I'm going to have canned peaches anymore either. I didn't drink anything but water though so I'm pretty sure I got my 64 ounces and more! 
Pumpkin Brownies - Dr. Ox recommends
them for those trying to lose weight......hmmm
I didn't do my workout all at once. Today was pretty scattered. At the pool, I did ten laps pretty much nonstop. I'm proud of myself for doing that. I couldn't do that before. Then, I came home, and right before dinner, I ran for 8 minutes on the treadmill. Then, after dinner and a couple of errands, I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 20 minutes because the gym was closing so that's all I could do. I'm pretty sure I looked like a maniac. I ran as fast as I could into the gym, speed walked to the locker room to put my stuff away, and then hopped on the elliptical, putting in my headphones as I started. I REALLY wanted to get a good chunk of time in before they closed. Overall, I don't think that today was as successful in the workout, maybe because it was all spread out. Tomorrow, I'm starting early because it's going to be a busy day. I'm not leaving the gym until I'm tired and hurting all over. I'm losing inches around my waist! I'm getting so close!
Quote (from Pinterest...why did I ever doubt it?!?!): "Suck it up and someday you won't have to suck it in." -Pinterest. Today felt like a chore, and I was craving sweets all day, but I've got to trust that it'll all pay off in the end. ~Emily B.

No comments:

Post a Comment