Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 2 of my journey went well. This time, I had company! My mom joined me for a video of Insanity. I'm so proud of her. She's not in shape either, but she put her full effort into it, and I'm happy to get in shape with her! We did a plyometric cardio circuit workout video...IT. WAS. HARD. There were moments where I just wanted to stop and do the rest of the video tomorrow, but then I realized, there's people older than me doing exactly what I'm doing. I wasn't going to let them pass me up. I couldn't quit now. I made a promise to myself, and I intend on keeping it. I want to be able to come to this blog everyday, and say that I gave my best. I'm proud of myself and my mom for doing this. I'm going to get healthier to feel good about myself. This past year at school I tried my best to put a motivational quote on the bathroom mirror every morning. Sometimes I succeeded, sometimes I didn't. Other times I think I just annoyed my roommates...but I'm going to put inspirational quotes on this blog every single day for me and for anyone else...I don't know if anyone else is reading this, but if they are, the motivational quote is for them, too! Ok, here's one..."The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine. This is going to get tough, but I'm going to make a promise not to quit, no matter how hard it gets. I'm going to get fit--it's gonna happen! Now I'm going to cook a healthy dinner. Baked pork chops with carrots, potatoes, and celery. More tomorrow!!! ~Emily B.

3 comments:

  1. "My name is Shawn T and it's time to get your heart beat faster" - When you get to the point where you start memorizing the dialogue, you know you're insane. Keep up the good work. Will be reading and wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe someone else is reading! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried Insanity but felt I was no where ready for it. Instead, I am choosing to swim and jog and just be more active. I think it is better to start slow and stick with it and build up to being able to do Insanity. Good for you

    ReplyDelete