Thursday, July 12, 2012

       Today was a fairly easy day. The Insanity video was more about resistance than cardio. It was like intense yoga. It wasn't as exhausting, but I still felt the burn! It felt good, but it hurt like crazy!! Somehow, when I feel the burn, I feel like I'm doing more that when I am out of breath. When I saw that the video said Cardio Recovery, I was like, ok, easy enough...not. But, it felt good.
       I didn't work out with my mom today because our schedules didn't line up. We still are working out together though! I did my workout in the afternoon, and, when she got home, I had the video all set up for her, so she could work out. I left her a note of motivation as well! I love getting into shape, but having someone to workout with is even better! We talked about the workout just like we talk about our day. Having someone to work out with is great because it makes it seem like it's not a chore. It's something that can be enjoyed! 
       I couldn't really find a quote that applied to what happened today or what I learned, but I did find this. "What a man [woman] accomplishes in a day depends on upon the way in which he [she] approaches the task." -Arland Gilbert. I like the fact that approaching the task in a positive way can make it less daunting. Saying that I can't do it or it's going to be hard isn't going to cut it because I'm going to give up quicker. I went into the workout thinking it was going to be easy. Well, it wasn't, but I don't like to admit that I'm wrong, so I kept going and finished strong!  Overall, I think it was a good day!!! ~Emily B.

No comments:

Post a Comment