Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Yesterday, a friend of mine sent me a list of workout routines. I've been thinking about getting into shape, but I could never find the right motivation to do it. Today, I didn't find anymore motivation, but I finally told myself to get up, go downstairs, and at least walk on the treadmill. So I did. I put on comfortable workout clothes, put on my tennis shoes, and walked and ran a little bit on the treadmill for 15 minutes. Then, I did an ab video from the Insanity workout. I learned something. I'm definitely in terrible shape!! But I have the rest of the summer to change that. Today, I'm going to make it my goal to get in better shape than I am today. I want to be able to start my second year of college, feeling confident and proud of myself. I'm hoping by starting this blog I'll be able to do just that. It's my own personal form of motivation. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" -Lao Tzu. I feel as though I took that single step today. And I'm going to keep taking small steps to get where I want to be. More later! ~Emily B.

4 comments:

  1. good luck to you! Looking forward to hearing about your journey!
    feel free to check out my blog for my fitness journey, we can share tips!
    www.krissykiki.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Good luck on your journey as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it. I started a few weeks ago and I am down about 20 pounds so far. It is tough, but SO worth it. You can do it. Keep us posted. After all accountability will help you to stick with it.

    Brandt Prince
    www.winningmywifeback.com

    ReplyDelete